At Copperstone Dental (South Calgary Dental), we use eco-friendly technology. This enables us to reduce the waste that our office produces as well as conserve resources & energy.
So What is Eco-Friendly Technology?
Eco-Friendly dentistry is a whole-earth approach to dental care that reduces the environmental impact of dentistry, considers the Holistic Health of the whole body and creates a caring environment for our clients.
- Our office has been designed to maximize energy efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We use specific dental technology to minimize toxic pollution and water waste.
How is Copperstone Dental an Eco-Friendly Dental Office?
- We currently use digital imaging technology instead of traditional x-rays for tooth imaging. This eliminates the need for toxic x-ray development chemicals and excess water waste.
- When using digital x-rays there are no lead foils in the film packets which eliminates the lead waste and removes any potential disposal problems. Also there are no chemicals used in processing films which prevents the silver and chemicals from going down the drain and entering our water system.
- Use of steam-based, surgical-grade instrument sterilization, contains no harmful chemicals and reduces water use.
- Installation of a special water separator system to remove debris before it enters the waste water which allows for the environmentally sound disposal of old mercury fillings, to prevent pollution of our local water systems.
- Biodegradable sterilization solutions are used to clean examination areas.
- Using bio-compatible (allergy-free) materials such as ceramics are healthier for long term use versus traditional materials
Additional Wellness-Based Dental Technologies that Copperstone Dental uses:
- On-site Bio-medical Waste Disposal Systems
- Digital Patient Charting
- LED-Operatory Lighting
If you would like to know more about how Copperstone Dental is practicing Eco-FriendlyDentistry, please just ask us and we would be happy to share with you or your family.